ASCLS-MO has been hard at work locating continuing education opportunities for you. Please see several options listed below. We work hard to locate opportunities that are free. There are some options listed below that are for a fee.
ASCLS CE offers P.A.C.E.®-approved continuing education courses from a variety of continuing education providers. The national ASCLS organization has joined other partner organizations with a common purpose to educate laboratory professionals. You can click here to browse a selection of offerings and choose from over 147 online courses across all major laboratory disciplines. ASCLS national is continuing to add more courses each day so check back often.
The ARUP Scientific Resource for Research and Education provides educational content for physicians and laboratory professionals free of charge. Topics reflect current issues and recent developments in the field of pathology and laboratory medicine. Content is developed by the ARUP Institute for Learning and ARUP’s medical directors, who are faculty in the Department of Pathology at the University of Utah School of Medicine, along with other highly qualified expert contributors. New content is added monthly. Click here to learn more.
CDC Learning Connection
The CDC Learning Connection connects public health professionals, including healthcare workers, to quality training opportunities and educational tools developed by CDC, other federal agencies, and federally funded partners. More than a website, CDC Learning Connection engages public health professionals around the world via social media messaging and a monthly e-newsletter. Many CDC courses offer CE including CME, CNE, CPE, CHES, CEU, AAVSB/RACE, CPH, and P.A.C.E ®. The majority of CDC’s accredited courses can be located through the following link and this link.
By participating in our virtual events and webinars, you can earn Continuing Education and/or Continuing Medical Education credits. Each event offers different educational credits based on the content of the event and the eligibility of each individual presentation. To earn educational credits, you must view an entire presentation. Following the presentation, you must click on the educational credit link provided for that particular speaker and follow the required process. Once you have completed the process, you will receive a certificate for the educational credit. Click here to learn more.
ASCP Suggested List of CE Providers
Below is a partial list of CE providers who offer continuing education activities including workshops, teleconferences, subscription programs, online courses, etc.
State/regional/local /national/international professional societies, and other organizations recognized by state licensing boards may not be represented on this list; however, courses provided by these groups are acceptable for CMP points.
- ASCP CMLE — American Society for Clinical Pathology (CE Update, CheckSample, LabQ, Teleconferences, Workshops for Laboratory Professionals)
- AACC “ACCENT” — American Association for Clinical Chemistry
- AAPA — American Association of Pathologists’ Assistants
- AGT — Association of Genetic Technologists
- AMA — American Medical Association
- AMT — American Medical Technologists
- ASCLS PACE — American Society of Clinical Laboratory Science
- ASC — American Society of Cytopathology
- ASCT — American Society for Cytotechnology
- ASFA — American Society for Apheresis
- ASH — American Society of Hematology
- ASM — American Society of Microbiology
- CACMLE — Colorado Association for Continuing Medical Laboratory Education
- CAP — College of American Pathologists
- CLMA — Clinical Laboratory Management Association
- CMEA — Continuing Medical Education Association
- CSMLS — Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science
- Florida Excell
- The Joint Commission
- NSH — National Society for Histotechnology
- The American Red Cross
Learn more about this list from the ASCP by clicking here.